Natural Screening and Health Balancing Program
Archive for the ‘Uncategorized’ Category
Tuesday, October 2nd, 2012
I was just updating our Free SICK & TIRED WEBINAR at www.pacifichealthcenter.com including the slide where I share about common prescription drug prices in comparison to our services with the Pacific Health Balancing Plan. The slide shows what it costs to take a given prescription drug at one pill per day for one year, using the lower-than-average prices of Costco on the most economical size. Note the current price for a year’s supply (1 pill/day) versus the 12/31/09 price in parenthesis:
Lipitor 10 mg $1546 (was $1055)
Lexapro 5 mg $1683 (was $1034)
Nexium 20 mg $2442 (was $1964)
Singulair 10 mg $2111 (was $1453)
Prevacid 15 mg $2641 (was $2143)
Zoloft 50 mg $1779 (was $1307)
This is an outrage! Yet, the average person puts up with it (mostly out of ignorance) because they think someone else is paying the bill — employer, insurance company, Medicare, etc. — when the reality is they are the one paying for it ultimately. One year on our Pacific Health Balancing Program, providing usually six to ten one-hour testing appointments, costs less (sometimes by half or more) than any one of a year’s supply of those drugs. If I raised my prices by that much in less than three years during an economic depression, I would be out of business!
So, the moral of the story is — wise up! Not only are prescription drugs killing tens of thousands annually, not only are they working contrary to the God-created healing mechanisms of the body — they are horribly expensive. Natural medicine is safer, much cheaper, and often more effective.
Monte Kline, Clinical Nutritionist
Tuesday, September 25th, 2012
Guess the one thing scientifically shown to increase your risk of getting the flu? GETTING A FLU SHOT!!!
Here are details: The Vancouver Sun reported research by Dr. Danuta Skowronski, an influenza expert at the British Columbia Centre for Disease Control, that people who got the H1N1 flu shot in the winter of 2008-2009 were more like to get the pandemic virus that people who did not get the flu shot. This was confirmed in five studies done in several Canadian provinces.
ABC news reported the following quote from Professor Collignon of the Australian National University:
. . . people who have been vaccinated in 2008 with the seasonal or ordinary vaccine seemed to have twice the risk of getting swine flu compared to the people who hadn’t received that vaccine.
Is there any reason to think the latest flu shot will be any different? So, what’s the answer? Our suggestion over the years focuses on building up your immune system. That’s really the key to preventing any disease. As part of that, we especially emphasize a homeopathic flu prevention remedy we have found very close to 100% effective in years of use with hundreds of clients.
All of our Flu Prevention Specials are available at our website: www.pacifichealthcenter.com under the “Shop Monthly Specials” button, or by copying and pasting the URL below:
Start taking your flu prevention products NOW. Be well!
–Monte Kline, Clinical Nutritionist
Wednesday, September 5th, 2012
The ever-sensationalistic media loves any screwball study that attacks a generally held belief. So, it was no surprise on September 4th when all the headlines across the media were reading “Organic Food Not Any Healthier” or words to that effect. What the study, published in the Annals of Internal Medicine stated was that there was not a significant difference in nutrient levels between organic and non-organically grown foods. Well, duh? That main reason I, and most people, eat organically grown foods is to avoid pesticide toxicity (in the case of produce) and hormones (in the case of meats). The study did find the organic produce had significantly lower pesticide residues, but that part didn’t qualify for the sensationalistic headline.
I suggest reading an article from the Alliance for Natural Health that tells the rest of the story by copying and pasting this link into your browser:
– Monte Kline
Tuesday, August 28th, 2012
VITAMIN D & OBESITY
A recent study of over 4600 women age 65 and over found that vitamin D deficiency may contribute to slight weight gain. One theory is that, since fat cells have vitamin D receptors, this nutrient may affect the size of those fat cells. Another study among adolescents seeking weight loss surgery found that only 20% of them had sufficient vitamin D levels. Teens with the highest BMI’s (body mass index) were the most likely to be vitamin D deficient.
VITAMIN D DEFICIENCY & OTHER HEALTH PROBLEMS
It seems that every week or so I hear about yet another health problem related to vitamin D deficiency. Dr. Joseph Mercola on mercola.com recently summarized with a list of 33 health problems for which there is a vitamin D deficiency connection:
Autism Obesity Rheumatoid Arthritis Diabetes (Type 1 & 2) MS Crohn’s Disease Flu Colds Tuberculosis Septicemia Aging Psoriasis Eczema Insomnia Hearing Loss Muscle Pain Cavities Periodontal Disease Athletic Performance Issues Macular degeneration Myopia (near-sightedness) Pre-eclampsia Seizures Fertility Issues Asthma Cystic Fibrosis Migraines Depression Alzheimer’s Disease Schizophrenia
If you have any of these problems and are not taking a high potency vitamin D-3 supplement, I would suggest it.
HOW MUCH VITAMIN D?
The most precise way to determine your vitamin D levels is with a blood test. The test is called “25-Hydroxy Vitamin D.” The optimal range is 50 – 80 ng/ml (nanograms per milliliter). If you don’t want to go to the hassle and cost of a doctor’s office visit just to get the authorization for the blood test, I would recommend using an online lab. I recommend SaveOn Labs, which has the best price for this test ($70). Here’s how it works:
1. Go to to www.saveonlabs.com
2. Click on the “Lab Locator” to see if they have a participating lab in your area.
3. Go to the “Test Menu” and pick out the test (or tests) you want — in this case it would be “Vitamin D 25 Hydroxy” — and click on “Add to Cart”
4. Then you can proceed to checkout. You pay by credit/debit card and print out the authorization for the test, which you then take to the lab.
5. The lab will email the results to you directly.
VITAMIN D SUPPLEMENTATION
If you’re not presently taking a vitamin D-3 supplement, I would suggest taking 1/day of either our Vitamin D 5000 or, if you prefer a capsule, take our Vitamin D 4000. Most people need 4000 – 5000 units per day to get them into that optimal level of 50 – 80 ng/ml. These can be ordered on our website at:
Questions: Email or call (800-255-4246) anytime.
– Monte Kline, Clinical Nutritionist
Tuesday, July 31st, 2012
Given the current rise in cases of whooping cough (pertussis), a lot of clients are asking me whether they should get the vaccine. Like most natural health care practitioners, I generally advise against vaccinations, noting that significant danger posed by the mercury preservatives and aluminum adjuvants they typically contain. Dr. Mercola’s website has a very informative article on this (link at bottom of my article). The main points are these:
- Mostly vaccinated people get whooping cough! In the major whooping cough outbreak in California in 2010, 81% of the cases in those under age 18 were fully vaccinated. Only 8% of those getting the disease were unvaccinated.
- Increased whooping cough cases happen every four to five years. This appears to happen regardless of the vaccination rate.
- The combination DTaP vaccine is only 41% effective with 2 to 7 year-olds and 24% effective with 8 – 12 year-olds.
I still believe the best prevention against infectious diseases is good nutrition, good sleep, good sanitation, and immune stimulating supplements such as l-lysine, vitamin C, olive leaf extract, echinacea, and many other possibilities that can be determined with individual testing.
– Monte Kline, Clinical Nutritionist
Copy & paste link to the entire Mercola article:
Monday, July 2nd, 2012
For decades now, conventional doctors have recommended “low dose aspirin” as a heart disease preventive. Given aspirin’s various side-effects, such as causing bleeding on the stomach lining, this has never made sense to me, but more recently the problems created by this “therapy” have come to light. Some medical authorities now suggest that the old “take an aspirin a day” suggestion may do more harm than good.
Cardiologist, Dr. John G. F. Cleland from the University of Hull in England, raised several key objections in an article published in the British Journal of Medicine, based on meta-analysis of over 100,000 high risk cardiac patients:
- Aspirin doesn’t help platelet aggregation as much as previously believed.
- People taking aspirin after a heart attack show no benefit in reduced mortality — they don’t live any longer by taking daily aspirin.
- Aspirin changes the way cardiovascular events manifest themselves rather than actually preventing cardiovascular problems, causing a reduction in non-fatal events, but an increase in sudden deaths.
Dr. Cleland noted in another study, published in 2004 in the American Heart Journal, that patients receiving daily aspirin showed the worst cardiac problems, particularly heart failure. (A full article on this subject is available at the following link: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/06/17/is-low-dose-aspirin-causing-an-epidemic-of-intestinal-injury-and-bleeding.aspx?e_cid=20120617_SNL_Art_1
Some of the side-effects of daily aspirin usage include:
- Gastrointestinal bleeding
- Duodenal ulcers
- Diverticular disease
- Increased risk of kidney failure
- Hearing loss
ALTERNATIVES FOR CARDIOVASCULAR HEALTH
So, if you’re not taking aspirin, what do you do for cardiovascular health? There are many possibilities, depending on your particular situation and, of course from our perspective, which remedies actually test well on your body. Here are some of the possibilities:
- Omega 3 Fish Oil — one that is high quality and pure (not full of mercury)
- Co-enzyme Q10 — particularly the reduced form the body actually uses called Ubiquinol. This is essential for your heart muscle to function and its production is cancelled if you’re taking statin drugs for cholesterol lowering.
- Natural Vitamin E — long known for its blood thinning effect and prevention of platelet aggregation
- Homocysteine Reducing Suppplements — B6, B12, and Folic Acid are particular important for reducing this cardiac risk factor.
It’s the same old story: drugs only treat symptoms and all drugs have side-effects. In most instances natural remedies are the better long-term choice and definitely the safest choice.
– Monte Kline, Clinical Nutritionist
Tuesday, May 22nd, 2012
One in four people over age 45 take this drug, making it America’s #1 prescription. We’re talking about statins taken for high cholesterol. The insane level of statin usage is the result of one of most successful and deceptive marketing campaigns ever. When I was first in practice in 1983, cholesterol was considered OK if it was below 240. Then it was lowered to 220. Today it’s not considered OK unless it’s below 200, or even 180 by many doctors. The LDL (low-density lipoprotein) level was considered OK before 2004 if it were 130 or less, but now it’s supposed to be below 100, or even below 70. So why do the guidelines keep lowering? The guidelines are set by the National Cholesterol Education Program. What they don’t tell you is that eight of the nine doctors on the panel lowering the LDL guidelines in 2004 were in the pay of drug companies manufacturing statins. Every time they lower the guidelines, millions more potential customers are added for their product. It is absolutely obscene. But it isn’t just about money. Statins can destroy your health in numerous ways:
14 WAYS STATINS CAN DESTROY YOUR HEALTH
1. Alzheimer’s Disease — Alzheimer’s is characterized by low cholesterol and thus statin usage may increase your risk.
2. Diabetes — A meta-analysis in 2011 of 22 trials covering 160,000 participants concluded that statins increased the rate of diabetes and liver damage.
3. Cancer – A meta-analysis of 41,000 people concluded that statin usage was associated with increased cancer risk.
4. Cardiovascular Disease — Dr. Stephanie Seneff, Senior Scientist at MIT and three decade researcher of cholesterol with hundreds of published peer-reviewed papers states:
Heart disease, I think, is a cholesterol deficiency problem, and in particular, a cholesterol sulfate deficiency problem.
Cholesterol sulfate is produced via sun exposure on the skin. When you have inadequate sun exposure (as a result of conventional medical quacks telling you to get out of the sun and smear your skin with cancer-causing sunscreens) your body takes damaged LDL, turns it into plaque, which your blood platelets in turn produce cholesterol sulfate from. The problem is that the plaque is left coating your blood vessels and therefore increasing your cardiovascular risk. Dr. Seneff’s approach to lowering cholesterol therefore is to get some sun exposure on the skin (but not excessive — don’t burn!).
5.Vitamin D Deficiency – Ever wonder why everyone’s now finding out with blood tests that they’re vitamin D deficient? Could it be because tens of millions are taking statin drugs, lowering their cholesterol, which is produced when the sun reacts with cholesterol in the skin? Vitamin D deficiency, of course, is now being linked to all manner of health problems.
6. Hormonal Deficiencies – Your body makes essential hormones out of cholesterol. Low cholesterol = low hormones, including sex hormones and cortisol adrenal hormone.
7. Muscle Weakness — Statins work by basically killing the HMG Co-enzyme A Reductase enzyme, out of which cholesterol is produced. The problem is that other key nutrients are also produced from HMG CoA Reductase including Co-enzyme Q10, otherwise known as Ubiquinone, or in its reduced form, Ubiquinol. Co-Q10 is found in every cell in the body, but is particularly concentrated in muscle tissue (including the heart muscle). It functions as an antioxidant, helping your muscles hang on to the oxygen they have, thus combating muscle fatigue. It is also a component of the Kreb’s Cycle of energy production in the body. Destroy your CoQ10 and you will likely experience fatigue and muscle weakness. If you are taking a statin, you must be on a CoQ10 or Ubiquinol supplement to replace this vital nutrient!
8. Increase Aging – Possibly due to the CoQ10 destruction noted above.
9. Increased Arthritis
10. Depression – The serotonin neurotransmitter that makes you feel happy and upbeat is produced from, guess what? Cholesterol. The lower your cholesterol, particularly cholesterols well below 200, the more likely you are to be depressed. But don’t despair! Your doctor has drugs for that too!
11. Increased Parkinson’s Disease
12. Increased Lou Gehrig’s Disease (ALS)
13. Decreased Immune Function
14. Teratogenesis (fetal malformations) — Cholesterol is essential to embryonic development, and thus it is essential to have sufficient cholesterol during pregnancy. Women of child-bearing age absolutely should not be on statin drugs, which are in the same category as thalidomide (though most doctors don’t know this).
SO WHAT’S THE ALTERNATIVE TO STATINS?
1. Understand Cholesterol if Not Your Enemy — Your body produces cholesterol because it needs it. Among other things, cholesterol is a repair material. When you get “potholes” in your blood vessels, cholesterol is the “patching material.” But since you don’t want those cholesterol patches building up in your blood vessels, you need to produce healthier blood vessels that aren’t full of “potholes.” B-vitamin supplementation is essential in this regard, as is L-Lysine, L-Proline, and Vitamin C (as in our product Collagen Forte) as nutrients that build connective tissue.
2. Don’t Get Conned into a “Low Cholesterol” Diet — 75% of the cholesterol in your body is produced in your liver, while only 25% comes from your diet. When you reduce dietary cholesterol, guess what your liver does? It makes more cholesterol to compensate. The main thing decades of Americans being conned into eating “low cholesterol” foods is making people more depressed from lowered serotonin and then getting them hooked on SSRI anti-depressant drugs.
3. Get Some Sunshine — Quit regarding the Sun as being out to kill you. Get a healthy amount of sunshine on your skin when possible (normally don’t exceed 20-30 minutes). As described above, this can help lower your plaques in the blood vessels.
4. Use Natural Supplements to Lower Cholesterol — Several supplements can help with naturally lowering cholesterol and/or plaques without side-effects. High quality, mercury-free fish oils are very helpful (stay away from the big box store products that are typically contaminated with mercury), as are Policosinol, Resveratrol, Nattokinase, and others.
6. If Overweight, Do our hCG Weight Loss Program — With the almost perfect results we’ve had for two years in running 80 clients through this program, we’ve consistently seen other problems disappear with the weight loss, including high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and others. See our Free Webinar at the following link:
Need more information? Just sign up for a Free Health Screening Telephone Consultation with me at:
– Monte Kline, Clinical Nutritionist
Tuesday, April 24th, 2012
One of my fellow Elders at our church shared a summary on some fascinating insights on anxiety, where it comes from, and what to do about it. This is such a persistent problem for many that I wanted to pass on this information. Though this was written for church leadership issues, I find the principles universal and relevant for most anyone’s situation. Hope you find it helpful.
– Monte Kline
“Congregational Leadership in Anxious Times”
By Peter L. Steinke
- Anxiety is an automatic reaction “to a threat, real or imagined.”
- Anxiety is a natural reaction designed for self-preservation.
- Our Creator has provided us with a strong urge for survival.
- At one level, anxiety can make us alert, more self-conscious, and highly motivated to take action.
- At an elevated level, however, anxiety can be a paralyzer (the word anxiety is derived from a word meaning “to choke” or “to cause pain by squeezing.”)
THE EFFECTS OF ANXIETY
1. The Repressive effects:
- Decrease our capacity to learn.
- Replaces curiosity with a demand for certainty.
- Stiffens our position over against another’s.
- Interrupts concentration.
- Floods the nervous system, so that we cannot hear what is said without distortion or cannot respond with clarity.
- Simplifies ways of thinking (yes/no; either/or).
- Prompts a desire for a quick fix.
- Arouse feelings of helplessness or self-doubt.
- Leads to an array of defensive behaviors.
- Diminishes flexibility in response to life’s challenges.
- Creates imaginative gridlock (not being able to think of alternatives, options, or new perspectives).
2. The Infectious Effects:
- Anxiety is also contagious. It connects people.
- Acute anxiety is situational and time-based. It is momentary loss of self-composure and poise.
- Chronic anxiety is a more powerful infectant. Chronic anxiety is perpetually present in someone or structured into a relationship. Simply stated, chronic anxiety is not specific to a threat. Any issue, topic, or circumstance can provoke chronically anxious people. Consequently, they have little capacity to step out of their experience, observe their own emotionality, reflect on what is happening, make choices based in principles, and manage their lives.
3. The Reactive Effect:
- Reactivity is automatic. No thought goes into action.
- Not recognizing a problem is an anxious defense.
- Anxiety denied has a habit of staying around and festering.
- Closely related to denial is oversimplification.
- Ignoring can be reactive. And the opportunity for learning and change disappears with the ignored leaders’ inactivity or departure.
- When facing anxious times, a high percentage of congregations freeze.
- When anxiety ushers in its relatives—anger, anguish, and grief—the temptation to scapegoat is strong. Scapegoating is an attempt to pinpoint a culprit or find fault with someone.
- Being thoughtful before acting.
- Staying calm and poised.
- Using “I” statements.
- Maintaining awareness of self.
- Focusing on larger purposes rather than winning an argument.
- Asking questions.
MANAGEMENT OF ANXIETY
- Knowing your limits and the limits of others.
- Having a clarity about what you believe.
- Taking stands with courage.
- Staying on course.
- Staying connected to others, despite it all.
Ponder: Even if information is quite clear, if it runs contrary to someone’s viewpoint, they will contest it. The survival brain will protect us not only from bodily harm but also from challenges to our world of insight and meaning.
Saturday, March 31st, 2012
If you’re one of the 34% of US adults classified as obese, or just in the majority of adults who are overweight to some degree, I know two things about you:
1. You wish you could solve your weight problem
2. You’ve tried numerous weight loss approaches, most, if not all of which have not worked long-term
After almost two years of doing an unbelievably successful weight loss approach with upwards of 100 clients (with 95% success), I believe there are 3 basic “secrets” you must know before you will successfully lose weight:
Secret #1 — Regular Diets Don’t Work — A study was conducted a number of years ago that found 97% of the people who actually did lose weight on a diet, gained it all back (and often more weight) within three years of the diet. Imagine that: a 97% failure rate! Yet Americans continue to try one fad diet after another, buy billions of dollars worth of “diet” foods and drinks. The first “secret” to actually losing weight is therefore to “wise up” when it comes to diets. You can most definitely lose weight, but forget about regular weight loss diets and programs.
Secret #2 — There’s Good Fat and Bad Fat — Your body has three kinds of fat: two are “healthy” fat you need and one is “unhealthy” fat you don’t need. Regular diets, when they work, cause you to lose the healthy fat, while doing nothing affecting the unhealthy fat. You have structural fat, which is basically the “packing” material in the body that cushions vital organs, keeps your face from looking gaunt, etc. Then you have essential fat, which is throughout the body, providing, among other things, the raw material for the body to make hormones and neurotransmitters. Lose enough of this and be prepared for hormonal imbalances and depression. Guess what? These two are the fats you are losing when you go on a regular weight loss diet. That’s why your face may look hollow, you get depressed, or you may have hormonal irregularities, while the “problem” areas of fat concentration on belly, hips, thighs, upper arms, etc. remain unchanged.
The third kind of bad is the bad one — non-essential fat. When you are in a pattern of consuming more calories than your body really needs (as well as for some other reasons), your body “banks” that fat into non-essential fat reserves on your belly, hips, legs, arms, etc. Just as you might buy a time deposit CD if you had more money in your checking account than you really needed, so your body turns excess calories into stored, non-essential fat, locking it away for a rainy day — like a period of famine. The problem is that fat normally doesn’t budge unless you are literally starving for two or three months.
Secret #3 — There is One Method that Gets Rid of Non-Essential Fat — In the 1950′s a British Endocrinologist discovered a natural, safe hormone that, when combined with a very low calorie diet, triggered the hypothalamus gland in the brain to break down non-essential fat, using it for calories. Following my earlier analogy, this method allowed you to primarily to get into those time deposit CD’s and use them for your daily energy requirements, losing weight at the same time. I have typically seen men lose an average of one pound per day and women lose an average of one-half pound per day on this program — usually with good energy levels and little or no hunger.
In 28 years of practice, this is the first weight loss program I’ve seen that really worked for almost everyone, the only one the actually “reshaped” people’s bodies, and the only one in which the weight loss was almost always maintained. Frankly, it’s the neatest thing I’ve seen in my whole clinical practice. I am almost 100% sure it will work for you, if you have a weight problem. To learn more, just watch my recorded webinar at the following link:
– Monte Kline, Clinical Nutritionist
Tuesday, March 13th, 2012
32 million Americans take statin drugs to reduce cholesterol and therefore allegedly prevent heart disease — that’s 1 in 4 people over age 45 or 10% of the entire U. S. population of every man, woman and child. Do all these millions really need this expensive drug, or is this just brilliant marketing? And what about side-effects — especially the side-effects your doctor never warns you about? Can statins actually be increasing your risk of cardiovascular disease?
NEW WARNING LABELS COMING
The FDA recently decided to require additional warnings on statin drugs, specifically that they may increase the risk of:
- Liver damage
- Memory loss
- Muscle weakness
As reported on www.mercola.com (http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2099/12/31/fda-warning-on-statins.aspx?e_cid=20120312_DNL_artTest_A2), Dr. Amy Egan, Deputy Director of Safety in the Division of Metabolism Drug Products, the new warnings resulted largely from increased complaints of memory loss.
CO-ENZYME Q10 DEPLETION
Co-enzyme Q10, also known as Ubiquinone (or it’s preferred reduced form Ubiquinol), is a powerful anti-oxidant primarily concentrated is muscle tissue in the body, including the heart. Statin drugs reduce cholesterol production by interfering with an enzyme that is required for cholesterol production. The problem is that the same metabolic pathway that produces cholesterol also produces CoQ10. Thus, in the name of helping your heart, doctors give you statins that prevent production of one of the main nutrients essential to a healthy heart. What’s wrong with this picture! One might also question if statins are so great for preventing heart disease, why is heart disease still the leading killer in the U. S. with 728,000 deaths if stroke is also included? Despite their other warnings, the FDA has nothing by way of warning on the CoQ10 depletion that most statin users will suffer.
TYPE II DIABETES ANYONE?
A more recent troubling connection concerns type II diabetes, since statins increase insulin levels. Basically the blocking of cholesterol production by the statins in the liver causes excess sugars to go into the blood stream. A recent study concluded that for every 498 people on a statin drug, one will develop diabetes — meaning that with 32 million on statins, 64000 unnecessary cases of diabetes occur! Chronic elevation of insulin leads to inflammation and, would you believer, to heart disease. Would someone remind me again why conventional doctors put patients on statins?
OTHER HEALTH PROBLEMS–LIKE 300!
Statin drugs are now know to contribute to over 300 health problems, including: cognitive loss, neuropathy, anemia, acidosis, cataracts, immune issues, liver dysfunction, and various muscle problems.
DO YOU NEED IT? WHAT ALTERNATIVES?
Joseph Mercola, D.O. states the odds are 100 to 1 that if you’re taking a statin drug, you don’t really need it. Mercola echoes what I said years ago in our Better Health Update “Cholesterol Confusion,” (http://www.pacifichealthcenter.com/blog/?page_id=55) namely that cholesterol is not the enemy and that high cholesterol (unless extremely high) doesn’t cause increased risk of heart disease. He appropriately instead encourages noting the following ratios:
- HDL/Cholesterol — Optimum is above 24%; below 10% results in elevated heart disease risk. (BTW, mine is 50%)
- Triglyceride/HDL Ratio — Optimum is below 2. (BTW, mine is 0.46 — guess I won’t be a statin customer anytime soon.)
The medical/drug establishment has convinced most of the population that cholesterol is evil and must be eliminated, when in actuality cholesterol is essential to your health. Your body makes “stuff” out of cholesterol — like hormones, like neurotransmitters including serotonin (low cholesterol can make people depressed or suicidal), like bile acids to digest fats, and like vitamin D. A host of natural alternatives for cardiovascular health are available — fish oil, flax oil, CoQ10, resveratrol, astaxanthin, and more. If you’re in the 99 out of 100 that don’t really need to be on a statin, do your health a favor and pursue some natural alternatives — of course, under the supervision of a trained natural health care provider like Pacific Health Center. Call us for a Free Telephone Consultation Health Screening at 800-255-4246.